Tuesday, September 1, 2009

National Service

Yeah , the subject that I've been dying in waiting to write it . Finally , I got the chance to write this blog . I just don't have enough time before to write this blog with this kind of subject . It's all about telling you guys bout my experience , what I've been through in NS ( I'm referring to National Service ) in and out of it . Ya , it's quite annoying actually . Telling you guys about my past . But anyway , it's up to you whether you want to continue to read this or you just simply press alt+F4 . Firstly , I wanted to tell you guys that NS ain't that sucks just like you heard from your friends before . It was quite interesting actually . :)

It was 26th of December 2008 . The final night before I went to this NS . So , it was like my final night for me gathering and lepaking with my buddies . We had this lepaking at 15
( what we used to call seksyen 15 bangi ) at mamak stall that usually we used to watch manchester united match . After we had our mee goreng mamak with ayam goreng ( haha I don't need to mentioned it actually ) , we went to downtown kajang to get some chicks to watch ;D . What we used to call as 'cuci mate' . It was barely disspointed because there was no hot chicks around that place that we can kacau kacau with them . Enough for the nite ;D

In the morning , waking my self up was just like hell . Many times I asked myself ' is it the day ? ' sighing . My thought before just like you guys , NS sucks , NS is like a hell , NS is the last place where u wish u wanna go . So , my parent sent me at the bus stop and all the bye-ing activity took place . Tiredly I slept in the fuckin old bus . I guess that government did not have enough money to support for more sophisticated bus ;D . By the way , in the bus I sat beside a guy that became one of the important person in my NS camp later . And for almost 2 hours , I arrived at the camp . It was situated in rural village side nearby Kuala Kubu town .

The 1st day at the camp was quite boring .There were only trainees from Selangor and Perak inside the camp . Trainees from Sabah and Sarawak will be arrived around tomorrow morning . So it was like no activity yet for us inside the camp . One word can described the day , ponderous . But , I tried my best to not to be boring by spending my time picking acquaintance with others and read my novel ( that I never read before ) . At about 3 days , all the dorms were already fulfilled by trainees including from Sabah and Sarawak . By the way , my first thought towards them ( the borneos ) was they were very arrogant and not very friendly . Maybe not all of them were like that . I was not really mind bout that actually . But the girls were very beautiful :) The borneo girls to be specific .

Character building class . One of the class that was compulsory to all trainees . A class that was very kindergarten alike . So it's like we having this class in the morning daily wearing this extremely not so comfortable shirt provided to us . It was not actually shirt . I don't know how to describe it . But never mind . First , we must assembled like a primary school student according to our class ( that had been already arranged ) . The purposes of this class are to shape and mold our character within ourselves . It was not 100% effective I guess but at least I did felt the changes before and after I finished this class . The whole lesson took place to finished at about 18 days .

Now , it was for integration class . Just before this new class started , Aids class took place first . What I can say bout this Aids class was interesting and fun :D Well you know where the fun part took place right . They taught how to wear condoms ( the only thing I remember until now ) , what was the consequences of having a sex and much more . It's all about sex things actually ;) Let I move on onto integration class . Thanks God it was not kindergarten alike like in the character building class I told you guys before . Here they thought us on others religion and ethnic groups . How do their celebrates their raya's , what kind of celebration they celebrate , what is the purpose of celebrating it , what was the story behind ones ethnic raya's and the thing sounds something like that . To me , it was quite interesting to know about others religion and ethnic . I can see the purpose of goverment installing this kind of class in NS was to plant sense of respect toward each others religion and ethnic .

A last class for us , a class called 'Kenegaraan' . I don't really know how to translate kenegaraan in english actually ;D . The class started simultaneously with one other last class called 'Khidmat Komuniti' . Comunity Service in english , right ? ;D . Kenegaraan class was all about discussing on our goverment administration system . In the class , we had been given a chance to talk and question on mainly about goverment . I took this chance to totally condemned goverment . The teacher was like totally defending on the goverment while I'm the one who all the time blaming goverment ( haha ) ;D .Absurdly , I'm became very talkative in my class . Always being a protester to statement made by the teacher ;D . I still remembered when there was a debate-like-parliment slot where it was girls vs boys . I'm the one who lead the boys and always opposed the girls statement ( haha ) . It was like a havoc situation back then and seriously it was not parliment anymore . But after all , we all enjoyed our time together in a class named KN8 that won most patriotic class award . I seriously don't know where was the element of patriotic came from . Anyway congrats to us ( cheers ) :) Back to comunity service . It was mainly on visiting the oldster shelter and a kind of like it . We were also given a chance to donour our blood at the National Blood Center . Seriously , it was awesome . The needle was so fuckin big and when I pumped my hand ( it was one of the procedure ) to sucking the blood out from my arm , it was like hell yeah ( hahaha ) . After finished myself pumping my own blood to a plastic bag , I felt a dizzyness like having shisha alone . An experience that I will never ever forget .

The activities like shooting , kayak-ing ( I don't know how to spell it seriously ) where the two activities that were absent in my camp table . It sucks . But we still enjoying the activities like flyin fox , marching ( daily activity , even when you are goin to sleep ) , kembara berhalangan ( help me , what is the word for this in english ), wirajaya ( entering woods ) , abseiling ( correct me if im wrong ) and many more . And all other activities that I had no mention here were involving team work activities . There was one phrase that have been always used in the camp by almost all the company to keep their spirit of together-ness alive , I think you guys already know it , a famously known phrase of Wonderpet , ' Ape yang penting , kerjesame ' . There was one memory across my mind while writing the phrase . It was when the marching competition took place . Our marching quality was like kindergarten level and we just couldnt be bother anymore bout it . Our chief of company then told us before the competition , don't be too facus on winning . Just enjoy it . Then this phrase created , ' ape yang penting , 8 hari ' . ( hahaha ) Since for the coming 8 days we will be at home , so the phrase meant to remind us not to take seriously to win the competition . And like we have been expecting before , we got the 2nd worst team in the competition . ( sigh ) After all , we were happy bout it . We look even happier than the best team and we were celebrated it more than the winning team . ( crazy )

Friends was the best part of the NS . Here I've got the chance to be acquainted with so many of borneos . They look very arrogant for the 1st time but i was totally wrong bout them . Since almost of 75% of my camp were borneos , many of my friends were also borneos and I've been learning their language at the same time . Their language sounded pretty much like indonesian and it's funny plus cute :) I miss them like a hell .
Moving on to girls . Yeah . I know when boys talking bout NS , there will always be a story on girls . I still remembered me and my friend used to be usha-ing all the cute girls when eating time comes . We will always sit at the place that facing the girl sitting place ( taklehblah gle syial ) and start usha-ing the cute and hot girls . Some girls responded well and some not even stare at us back . What they used to call , selling high ;D

An experiece is always priceless . You can't buy experience . Trust me . Like in the coldplay song , Fix You , ' when you never try you never know ' . When you do something that you don't like or you never done it before , take it positively , enjoy all the moment and I'm sure the result will be positive .

Smile and always smile :)
Alif Ahmad

No comments:

Post a Comment